Well, I spent a little time in the old cellar fish room yesterday and scratched my head quite a bit. The first thing I need to do is come up with a better heating system. I admit, the electric heaters I used in the past are still there and fine, but think I need something better. We now have access to natural gas and I am considering converting the entire house to this option, which will include a new furnace and some work on the water circulation heating system. I suspect with a bit of work I can find a radiator and a place to install it in the fishroom. That may do the job. *waves goodbye to a couple thousand dollars* Yes, I have contracted a company to install what I need.
I need to clean pretty much everything in the fishroom from the tanks to the fry raising trays and egg containers. I have 6 daphnia tubs which are of course emptry adn need to get starter cultures of daphnia, white worms and microworms at a minimum. I counted the tanks available to me in this room and came up with ninety-nine 2-1/2–5–10-20-gallon tanks in the smaller room. That does not count the 1-gallon fry tanks and other things I have held fish in. Everything needs to be cleaned.
My old refrigerator seems to have died. I will be looking at that before I decide what to do. A lot of melted stuff in there, but it might just have been shut off at some point to defrost it and now I need to clean it out.
It’s really strange to be looking at all of this after two years and remembering what it once was and how it looks today.
I guess I better get to work.